These are 10 of the best martial arts gifts you can buy for the fighter in your life.
Christmas is here and we all know someone who’s very difficult to shop for. If your spouse, child, loved one or friend trains martial arts then American Top Team Fort Lauderdale is here to make your Christmas shopping easier. These are the top 10 martial arts Christmas gifts for that martial arts practitioner in your life.
1 Month Membership:
- Whether your loved one prefers to train Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, Muay Thai, Boxing or Extreme Fitness, a one-month membership allows them to enjoy all the classes American Top Team Fort Lauderdale has to offer. It’s also a great gift for someone who’s thinking about trying martial arts but isn’t sure which discipline they prefer. Give your loved one the chance to try all our classes and decide for themselves which they prefer.
$100 Gift Card:
- A $100 gift card is the ultimate safe bet as far as martial arts Christmas gifts go. Your loved one can apply it towards any of the clothing, gear or products in our extensive pro shop, as well as membership fees, private lessons and more. Let them pick what they want the most.
- A good mouthpiece is not only to protect your teeth during muay thai, boxing or BJJ sparring sessions. Many people don’t know that a good mouthpiece can also help protect against concussions. This is why it’s important to buy a high-quality mouthpiece made to fit your mouth specifically like the ones sold in the ATT FTL pro shop.
Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Gi:
- A Gi is the traditional kimono uniform used in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu and many other traditional martial arts. The difference between a BJJ gi and a gi in non-grappling-based martial arts like karate or tae kwon do is BJJ gis are specifically designed to withstand the wear and tear of being gripped and pulled on, all of which is legal in BJJ. The gis also need to be made to certain specifications like lapel length, sleeve width, and collar width to make them legal for use in competition. The gis in our pro shop are all IBJJF-approved and some of the lightest weight gis on the market, worn by many world champion competitors and ideal for both training and competition.
- Boxing and Muay Thai are favorite past times for people who train for fitness purposes in our cardio kickboxing classes as well as people looking to compete in matches in our advanced striking classes, but one thing they both have in common is the need for proper hand protection. Our boxing gloves are designed to not only protect your hands but also your sparring partners.
- Shin guards are a great martial arts Christmas gift for the kickboxing enthusiast in your life. Muay Thai kickboxing, in particular, teaches you to kick with the hard bone of your shin as opposed to the fragile bones of your foot. In addition, it teaches you to block, or “check” kicks with your shin as well. This is why it’s important to have proper shin protection to prevent injuries to yourself and others.
- Hand wraps are an essential part of striking based martial arts, because they keep the fragile bones of your hand compressed to help prevent injury and allow you to hit harder. These are necessary for those hitting the heavy bag, doing pad work or sparring with a training partner.
- Shorts are an essential part of the BJJ uniform for No-Gi submission grappling. Many people make the mistake of thinking they can wear normal athletic shorts for grappling activities, but soon find they lack the flexibility required and also do not come equipped with a waistband designed to keep the shorts from sliding down during sparring sessions. In addition, our grappling shorts come with no zippers, (which can scratch the mats and your training partners), no pockets (which your partners can catch their toes or fingers in) and are fully IBJJF approved for competition. They’re also ideal for use under your BJJ gi as well as many other athletic activities.
- Rash guards are an essential part of the BJJ uniform, both for traditional gi jiu-jitsu and no-gi submission wrestling. They’re specifically designed to wick away moisture, dry quickly and limit skin on skin contact, which helps to prevent conditions like ringworm. The ATT FTL pro shop has a wide variety of rash guards, both short sleeve and long sleeve, in your choice of colors and sizes. They’re all IBJJF approved for jiu-jitsu competition and ideal for use in all the martial arts classes we offer.
- No matter what martial art your loved one practices, they will need a high-quality training bag to keep all their equipment together. Our training bags come in different sizes and styles, be it more backpack-style or duffle bag style, and come equipped with multiple pockets and pouches to hold gloves, gis, water bottles or whatever other equipment you might need to carry. They’re also ideal for transporting sweaty post-training clothing and equipment because the bags are designed to not absorb moisture like standard bags.
Still not sure what to get your loved one? Stop by our American Top Team Fort Lauderdale pro shop, take a look around or call us at 954-638-0860. We’re always happy to answer any questions you might have and help you pick the perfect martial arts Christmas gift for that special fighter in your life. Happy holidays!