Athlas Training Team Fort Lauderdale
is a Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu / Mixed Martial Arts academy located in Downtown Fort Lauderdale. We are affiliated with Athlas Training Team and the renowned instructor Master Ricardo Liborio.
We are currently offering programs for Adults and Kids, as well as Fitness programs. At our location, we focus on Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, Muay Thai and MMA (Mixed Martial Arts).
Our programs are designed to improve self-confidence and social development for both kids and adults, as well as to form the next generation of MMA fighters that will compete at one of the many Mixed Martial Arts competitions around the world.
Junior Fernandes started training BJJ (Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu) under Master Ricardo Liborio when he was only 12 years of age. He received his black belt from Master Liborio in 2004. (Read more about Junior Fernandes here)
Here’s more about Master Ricardo Liborio:
Co-Owner / Head Instructor ATHLAS TRAINING TEAM
- Awarded Black Belt in 1993 under Master Carlson Gracie.
- 1996 Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu World Champion.
- Voted Most Technical Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu competitor in the World in 1996
- 3x Brazilian National Champion
- 2nd Abu Dhabi Submission Tournament 2000.
- 3rd Abu Dhabi Submission Tournament 1999.
- Co-Founder of the Brazilian Top Team
- Voted NAGA Coach of the year in 2005.
- Inducted into the NAGA Grappling Hall of Fame.
- Trainer of multiple World Champions and MMA fighters
- National Coach for USA Grappling
- Awarded Red and Black Belt (7th degree) in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu
- Inducted into the Broward County Sports Hall of Fame in 2009